Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Garden

I picked out all my plants for the garden last week and spent all of Saturday tilling, pulling, cutting, digging and trimming. I didn't eat any lunch and man I was wasted by dinner time. Spent. I haven't been that tired in a long time. Cervantes was correct when he said "Hunger is the best sauce of all." I ate every bite of dinner that night. It could have been brussel sprouts, I would have eaten it all up.

Anyway, the garden is all done and I have been watering it, with some help from mother nature the other day that dropped two inches on us overnight. Plenty of sun over the week and the plants are already growing.

I planted some Zuchini squash, Cucumbers, Dill, Basil and Tomatoes. I have four different types of tomatoes so we shall see just what does what. Half are Romas and the other three are Beefsteak Hybrid, Celebrity and another I forgot the name.

I will post a few pics of the progress over the Summer and let you know which taste the best as well. We are already using the Basil, Kate made some homemade pesto sauce and used fresh basil and it was gooooooood. I have a small plant of Oregano and three Strawberry plants out front so hopefully those will fruit-up with any luck as well.

Not much to see now, but wait a few months...

A few plants of Zuchini, Cucumber, Dill and Basil

No comments: