Thursday, May 28, 2009

FiOS

We went to Fair oaks and Kate decided that we go into the FiOS store and talk to Verizon about getting it. FiOS is a service offered by Verizon that is a bundled service of Cable TV, Phone line and High-Speed Internet all bundled together.

I am a skeptic, I had heard a story on local TV about how the billing practices were a bit skewed and that reaching anyone at Verizon was a nightmare. So when we walked in I let Kate ask all the questions and when she was satisfied, we decided to sign-up.

Right now we have Cox Cable and the internet service has been good. The cable TV has been OK, but what turned me was when the Caps were playing earlier this month and I could not get the game, because it was on a higher tier only. A week before it was a nationally televised game, but for the next three games, I had to listen to it on the radio.

Anyway, I digress. I am letting Kate take care of the FiOS installation and will keep meticulous notes as to how well this service lives up to its marketing. We are talking about Verizon, here. They are huuuuge and have a reputation (No offense, Ma) of not keeping their customers happy sometimes. (My mom is a former C&P/Bell Atlantic/Verizon employee)

I will keep you up to date on how the installation, service and billing goes.

Jack enjoyig himself at the FiOS store watching SpongeBob in High-Def.

No comments: