Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Rest of the Week

After the party, the weekend went downhill. Kate developed food poisoning the next day and was out of commission for a day and a half. I was worried it was a virus and wasn't sure if it would affect me and Jack. I tried to help out, but you can only do so much. I am so glad that is over - its tough to see a loved one go through that. The onlly saving grace was that it wasn't a virus, because neither Jack or me got sick. Thank God for small miracles.

Sunday night I got a call from Kevin, whom I have known since 7th grade. His mother passed away on friday after a long bout with brain cancer. They had her in a nursing home for the last few months because she couldn't speak. Kevin visited her daily and kept her up to date on the family and other news. He isn't sure if she could even understand him at the end, she would blink, but that is about it.

Mrs. Fullen was a real nice person, always happy and completely devoted to Paul, Kevin and Craig.

I went to the wake on Wednesday night and passed along my family's condolences. I called Kenny, Karen, Mom and Dad and they all pass along their condolences as well.

I am sad that she is not with us, but comforted that her pain is over.

No comments: