Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Sign

I was driving home from work yesterday and stopped at a light and spotted this gem. Its an offer that just seems too good to be true. Apparently you can make a minimum of $120,000 a year and maybe as much as $240,000 as a Sales Rep.

This is why I took the picture, so I could remember that magic phone number scrawled onto the sign half-hazardly, trying to make it seem like it really isn't the magic number that will free me of my financial burdens and fulfill every dream I have ever had.

This is art; how else could you explain the psychology of this; the hand lettering and poor layout, daring you to look past this golden opportunity and dismiss it as just another scam, or fly-by-night operation that just wants your money and is so willing to fill you with thoughts of financial freedom. The undersell on this opportunity is absolutely genius. Only this could appeal to that special person who can see that one special opportunity and that person was me.

No, this one seems real, almost too good to be true, but it isn't. I was so sure, I called my boss when I got home and left a message that I had quit and decided to pursue this opportunity that would bring me riches. Adios, so long suckers, I was off to make my millions! Kiss my ass!

...or I just drove past the light, got home and made some dinner.

No comments: