Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I called my mom yesterday to wish her a happy birthday and got a bonus of speaking to "Gert", my grandmother for the first time in I-don't-know. It was short and sweet, curt and courteous. I also spoke with Amos as well for almost literally, a second.

They stopped over to Mom and Dad's house to (mentally abuse) wish Mom a happy birthday.

I ended up talking with Dad on the phone for about an hour and catching up. It was good to speak with him and get the low-down on all that is happening in the busy metropolis that is South Central Oklahoma. The scuttlebutt; not much has changed but the weather.

Dad is worried about the economy, but I told him to invest in alcohol, not bottles, but stocks, because in a bad economy people drink more. I don't have a lot of extra cash, so I may have to invest in the individual bottles.

Cheers to you Mom! I tried to get Jack to say Happy Birthday GG on the camera, but he is into saying "No" to some requests. You can't rush creativity and youth. I will see what I can get this afternoon once the Diva is up from his nap.

Love You, Mom!

No comments: