Sunday, May 18, 2008

Alligator

So I took Jack with me when I went to get a sub for lunch and when I lifted him up to put him in his seat, he started saying "Alligator, alligator, alla-gator.."

This usually means that there is some toy or object he wants to hold while we drive, but there was no alligator toy around. He kept saying it, so I kept looking, but it wasn't under the chair or on the other side of the chair. I just told him I couldn't find the alligator and changed the subject.

We get home a few minutes later and when I lifted him out of his seat, he reaches for something just inside the car, a calculator and he says, "Alligator". I say "Calculator" and he says, "cal-cue-lataw".

Ahhhhh.....

If you think about it, the two sound a lot alike, especially to someone new to this whole language thing.

No comments: