Monday, October 7, 2013

Visit to South Carolina

We set out a few weeks ago to visit grandma Witchey and Tino for a weekend visit. On the way down we got a flat on 95 just across the border into SC. Nothing says welcome like a flat tire. Good thing we had a warning system that alerted me to the air pressure loss. We drove around for a few minutes in a slight panic trying to find someone who would/could change and repair a flat. That tire was hissing so I knew we only had minutes before I had to go the extra step of getting a tow. Luckily we found a guy and he was gracious enough to repair it for us and put it back on. He only charged us $15  so I asked him to run my card again so he could have a tip for being so quick.

Only lost an hour and got back on the road and made it to Goose Creek an hour later. Had a great dinner and a beer. Grandma W and Tino looked good and the front lawn was lush. They had it sodded a while ago and it looked great.

The next day we went to the Aquarium and enjoyed all the stuff there. Always a good time at the aquarium. I liked petting the rays and seeing the sea turtles. I got close to the Eagle and took a quick pic. the kids loved seeing the otters, they are such clowns. the big aquarium room is really cool, so its a nice place to sit and relax for a few minutes. We got our requisite pic of the kids sitting with the frog out back ( a statue). We also went to the deli and ate some good deli food.

The next day we hd a good breakfast and hit the road back home. A short and sweet visit! I stopped by U-Haul that morning so we could bring something special home with us. I was careful bringing it back.






No comments: