Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Stomach Virus

Oh my. This tummy virus has hit and affected us all. It started with Jack late last week, we thought it was food poisoning, no big deal. He up chucked and got it out of his system, right?

Wrong. Next thing I know, I got a call at work that Emma had the "fast poop", as cousin Joshua puts it.

A few hours later, I'm feeling a little queasy and shortly after putting the kids down, I threw up. It was a relief actually. Emma threw up that night as well. I didn't get any sleep at all that night because I had achy joints and the queasiness that eventually led me to my second bout of talking to Ralph through the big porcelain telephone. Of course, Ralph decided to call at 2am - isn't that just like him?

The next day I felt so weak I could barely make it downstairs but we are on our way back. We have moved into stage two, the other end. I'll leave the details to your mind, but let's just say it is working itself out.

Oh, in the middle of this, the dog and the cat both have decided to take our cue and vomit as well. Bobbie in the kitchen yesterday evening and the cat the night before on the couch. That means that statistically, I should not be dealing with any more vomit for a long time.

My own streak was at 12 years, so this shouldn't visit me for another 12 years if the past is any precursor.

Just glad nobody has had to go to the hospital for dehydration, the little one worried me the most but she has the best attitude. Thank goodness for small miracles.

1 comment:

Karen said...

oh so sorry! I should not laugh but its a little funny. Hey Joshua calls it Speed Poop and you can understand why. Makes perfect sense.