Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We'll Miss You Bobbi

I took Bobbi in to the vets yesterday morning to have her put down. I came to that conclusion when she would stop eating in the middle of her meal from being out of breath and then finishing later. She is a Labrador and one thing about that breed is that the only time they won't eat is when they are sleeping.

It was tough. I knew it would be emotionally tough but I just couldn't hold back the tears a few times. Very overwhelming at times but in the end, it was the right thing to do in order to alleviate her pain and discomfort.

She wasn't a barker, scratcher or biter. Gentle with the kids and always a happy disposition. She would wag her tail at anyone and everything. I heard her growl just once, when the Postman startled her.

I'll miss her, she was a great dog.

No comments: