Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saint Kathleen

For the entire month of August, Kathleen (Kate's Mom) stayed with us and took care of Emma. My time off had expired if I didn't use it within 6 weeks of Emma being born so I had to use my vacation time. So this really, really helped us out knowing that she was here with someone who would take excellent care and also the savings for us monetarily.

It wasn't easy, I am sure, but Grandma was a trooper! We rewarded her by giving her Kate's iTouch, which is like an iPhone, but there is no phone. Jack showed her how to download Angry Birds and taught her how to play. I showed her how to take pictures with it, download her music and podcasts if she wants as well.

I think I converted her to Apple, at least for now.


Jack showing Grandma how to play Angry Birds.

It was a pleasure to have you here and thank you for taking care of Emma for us. Its hard for me to give props to my Mother-in-Law (or as I refer to her as "The Dark Side of The Force"), but it was great having you here and we had a great time. I never thought I would be happy to see my Mother-in-Law every day when I got home, but you won me over! Haha!


Saint Kathleen

No comments: