Saturday, June 4, 2011

Refinished the Old Chest of Drawers



I refinished the old chest that I had as a kid. My Mom bought it from some Colonels wife before we were born so its got to be 40+ years old. I think if I remember correctly, the Colonels wife had twins as well.

So now I refinished it for Emma and we use it as a changing table as well. I put new hardware on it (sparkly pink handles) and had to drill new holes for those because of course, the old holes didn't line up. Put a primer coat on and then two coats of glossy white and it looks much better and nearly new.

The thing about furniture today is that its either really expensive and last forever or is cheap and is nearly disposable. I went with re-purposing an older piece that has stood the test of time and is solid.

Thanks, Mom, for getting that so many years ago!

No comments: