Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dead Armadillo



I talked to my dad this morning to wish him a happy 74th birthday. I called the night before but they weren't home - but I got Mom to call me back so I saved a grand total of nothing by having her call me. Remember when we cared how much it cost to dial long distance? Wasn't that long ago, but now we know it costs nothing but back in the day it was a big deal on who got the best rate.

I digress, I was talking to my Dad and he said that he killed an Armadillo this morning and a few hours later the body was gone, some lucky possum or wolf ate it up and had quite a nice breakfast. In honor of this I decided to repost my illustration of a dead armadillo, which I originally illustrated because of the quote about politics these days “There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos“ – Jim Hightower.

Someone wrote me a comment a few months back that found this gem when I had originally posted it and commented on the artwork. The only problem is that he didn't leave any type of email or contact information.

By the way, if you search Google and type in Dead Armadillo, my image is rated fourth. Not too shabby - my own little corner of the web.

No comments: