Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Car Show

On Sunday, we went into DC to the Convention Center to see the Car Show with Randy and Theresa. We rode the Metro from Vienna and got off at Mt. Vernon Ave. I was really impressed with how easy it was to get there since there is an exit right into the Convention Center. By the way, the Convention Center is HUGE. No, HUGE is too small a word, its FRUGE (Thats Friggin Huge).

The DCCC takes up about two square blocks and is cavernous. The Car Show took up only a fraction of the space that the center offers and there was still enough room for a second show if they wanted it.

We started downstairs and went to see the Mercedes (gotta dream) and then went to see the VWs, which have a sporty little hard top convertible. Very cute, but kindof a chick car for my taste.

We moved on to see the Nissan stuff and then the Toyotas, Jeeps, Dodges. I got into a few of the cars to see how they felt and some I liked better than others. I really liked the Mini Coopers, and fell in love with the newest one that has a slightly longer back so it looks a little more like a van or wagon than the sporty version. I like that car, its cool and you feel like you are poured into the vehicle, but plenty of room to move around.

After that we went to see some of the dream vehicles like the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bently's, Ford GTs and others. Wow, some of those cars are art, pure Art.

Jack liked the Mercedes SUV. I did, too.

Me and Jack in a Durango.

Kate and Jack in the Murano.

Interesting, Nissan. Looks like the truck pooped a tent. Would that make it a "Poop Tent"? Randy said that it came with a free hose to hook up to the exhaust, I said they should call it the "Nissan Kevorkian".

Great paint job on this Suzuki.


My Dream Machine - the Mini Cooper

Ford GT

A little too flambouyant for me, but cool butterfly doors.

Sex, on wheels.

The other Bently that made my mouth water.

Bently Convertible

No comments: