Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Visit from Jeri



Jeri, Kate's friend from her college days came into town because she was working the Bears/Redskins game for the NFL Network. The crew got here a few days before the game and set up everything.

Kate picked her up at the airport and we went to dinner (Jeri paid - Thank you!) and we had a great time.

A few nights later, I went to the Redskins/Bears game at FedEx Field, thanks to Jim for the ticket. I went with Bill and it was coooooold. I wore two pairs of sweat pants, two long sleeve t-shirts, a hoodie and a thick corderoy jacket and two pairs of thick socks. Bill let me borrow some of Jim's gloves and we put some heat pads in them.

After all that, I was still a bit cold, especially in my feet, but Bill had some pads for that and he bought a round of hot chocolate that was some of the best hot chocolate I have ever had.

I used my binoculars and saw Jeri on the sideline working the sound for the NFL Network. Even the Commissioner of the NFL was there.

The Skins lost Jason Campbell, but won the game.

It was great to finally meet Jeri.

No comments: