Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy First, Emma!

A year ago we were getting a new hospital room upstairs after Kate gave birth to Emma that morning. Both of us exhausted (her more so than me) and happy and giddy over the new arrival. Fast-forward to a year and it has flown by. When Jack was born, it took a year to feel normal (or at least adjust to the new normal). With Emma, we adjusted to the new normal in a matter of a few short months.

She is different from Jack in many ways but very similar as well. She is an eater and can put it down. Jack is pickier about his food and really likes his sweets. Emma likes pasta and veggies and will eat more than I thought a toddler could fit in her tummy. I don't know where it goes, but I do know she uses it because she is constantly on the go. Until she is asleep, her feet are constantly moving. She is not one to sit still for any amount of time. I could sit Jack down and walk away and he would stay there. She will follow me - everywhere. She has also discovered the stairs and will try to climb them if I go up there to get something. she also loves to shut doors, the front door, dishwasher door, cabinets, etc.

She likes drawers and is very curious, Jack was much more likely to play alone, and she likes to be more interactive and social. Both are a bit shy with new people but if you break through, she will give hugs or blow kisses.

Its been a good year, I wonder what she will be like in another?!?


No comments: