Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted

We got up early this morning and voted at our local polling place. We took Jack with us and stood in line for about 30 minutes. The people who had the last names of L-Z had to wait much longer because they all got up early and were at the polls this morning. The A-Ks, like us were few and far between, only a third of us compared to the L-Zs.

I am just glad its over so all the friggin phone calls, the pamphlets, fliers and TV Ads will stop.

As you can see, I got my sticker. Jack liked that part, big fan of the sticker. Loves the sticker. If you think about it, its really what we all go for, the sticker. We walk away with the feeling we are a part of something bigger, but physically, all we get is a sticker. Sort of like kindergarten when you did something good, you got a sticker. Hey, you didn't eat the paste, here's a sticker. You sat down for a whole minute, here's a sticker.

Way to go, you voted, here's a sticker.

1 comment:

hmmm said...

I got my sticker too and a new President!